Love our Languages! Lee Kuan Yew Fund for Bilingualism Community Series
- Read-Think-Tell: Generating creative thinking through storytelling by Mr Djohan Bin Abdul Rahman on 20 October 2018
- Simple and Effective Use of Tamil Language - Activity-based Communication (ABC) of Tamil by Mrs Sarojini Padmanathan on 27 October 2018
- "Learning Beyond Words" Through Creative Activities by Dr Louis Hoong and Ms Yeo Hwee Hong on 28 October 2018
Home > Events
Connecting Communities & Bridging Generations Through Our Mother Tongue Languages
In 2018, the Fund launched a series of short videos in its continuous drive to encourage the use of Mother Tongue languages among Singaporeans, especially children and parents. The video series highlights the importance of our Mother Tongue in connecting users; hearts and minds, by bringing people closer to one another.
The series of five videos comprises:
1. A short video on how the use of Mother Tongue breaks down the language barrier between a grandfather and his granddaughter; and
2. Four testimonial videos featuring then-Minister for Education (Schools) Mr Ng Chee Meng, and Singapore artistes, Ms Olivia Ong, Mr Shabir Alam and Mr Taufik Batisah. They talk about their experience in learning their Mother Tongue language, and how it helped them appreciate the language and connect better with others.